Monday, March 23, 2009

Last Year

This day last year our lives were changed forever. After over a week of suspecting that I might be pregnant, we finally got a test and verified it. We were at my mom's house and even though I thought I might be, it was still a shock to know for sure. I immediately started crying...it's just what I do. Dustin just grinned from ear to ear. I had never seen him so happy. My shock quickly turned into pure joy and I will never forget the feeling of sitting in the midst of family who didn't know yet, holding Dustin's hand, and the peace I felt knowing that something very important was going on inside of me.

We were living in a different city, renting our home, Dustin was working a not-so-stable job with no benefits, and I was teaching. I immediately began to wonder how we would ever make it. Here we are now...living in a smaller town, we bought our first home, Dustin has a good job with good benefits, we have two healthy boys, I am able to stay at home, and I have never been happier. What a difference a year can make. What blessings this past year has brought us!!


Here is a video of Katelyn making Landon laugh. I don't know how anyone could watch this and not smile.





By the way...went to the doctor last week. Eli weighs 11 pounds, 12 ounces and Landon weighs 13 pounds, 10 ounces. Both boys are very healthy and look great. The RSV rumor is true and we will continue to stay home on into April. Just a few more weeks!

Happy Monday to you all...what's left of it. I'm off to bed.

1 comment:

The Ratpack said...

Thanks for sharing that story! It's so true - a year can end totally different than the way it started or the way you thought it would be!
: )

Related Posts with Thumbnails