Thursday, December 9, 2010

For The Record...

It's been forever since I've written about Eli and Landon. They have certainly been up to a lot of no good as always and I don't want to forget some of the things they've done recently. So here are a few Eli and Landon stories for you...


* One morning, we were playing in the playroom and had been for quite a while. I decided that the bookshelf desperately needed to be reorganized, so I got started organizing the books by author, size, height, etc... and generally tidying up their bookshelf. We have a LOT of books, so this was taking a little time. Eli and Landon lost interest in this activity very quickly and left the room. Not even five minutes later, Landon returned and he was soaking wet. I start walking toward the back of the house and it sounds like the shower is on in my bathroom. It wasn't the shower, but the sink. Eli had pushed a decorative hat box back there to stand on and turn the water on full blast. This happens to be the one spot in our house that we have REALLY good water pressure. He then held his hand up to the faucet causing the water to go everywhere. The clothes in the closet were wet, the ceiling was wet, the roll of toilet paper was soaked through, there wasn't a dry spot in the bathroom, and...there was about a half inch of standing water on the ground. I was not pleased.

Eli and Landon had to sit there while I cleaned up the mess...soaking wet and cold. I'm so mean.

Later that afternoon, I realized it was almost 2:00 and I hadn't eaten lunch. Eli and Landon were reading books in their playroom, so I went to fix myself a quick meal. In just a matter of minutes, I hear Landon screaming for me. I run up there and find him ON TOP of the bookshelf (which is fairly tall) and those silly boys had pulled every single book onto the floor. So pretty much...that situation worked out real well for me all the way around. What a productive morning.






* The boys were randomly sick a few weeks ago. They had a strange variety of symptoms and I honestly have no idea what we had, but they each threw up exactly one time. Eli was pretty much over it when Landon began to not feel well. Right after breakfast one morning, Landon got up and immediately threw up all over the kitchen floor. Eli, being the helpful law enforcer that he is, rushed over and spanked Landon while saying, "no messes." The one time in his life that he has been concerned with messes is when poor Landon is sick.

* They have a general love for the toilet. They like to put objects into the toilet and then fish them out. They like to dip their sippy cups into the toilet. They like to see how much water they can get from inside the toilet to the outside of the toilet. It's all very disgusting and disturbing to a borderline germaphobe like myself. I feel like bathing us all in bleach after such instances. Since they have learned how to open doors, the toilet has been a constant temptation and is at the top of the list of reasons we get in trouble!

* Just this week, Landon ran into the kitchen where I was cleaning up breakfast and said, "look mom, what's this?" I turned around to find him holding my tube of mascara in one hand with the wand in the other. He just had a little on his nose and cheek, so I cleaned that off and sent him on his way. But then he turned around and it was obvious that he thought that wand was a brush. He had brushed the whole back of his head with mascara.

This is a really poor quality cell phone picture of the damages:


* And finally...last Friday, we were getting ready to go out of town. It was Friday morning and Dustin was home helping me get things together and loaded. We had bathed and dressed the boys, packed the suitcases and the car was almost loaded. I heard someone making just a little noise in the kitchen. I went in to find Eli with the biggest jug of vegetable oil that the grocery store sells and he was pouring himself a drink of it into a tiny Styrofoam cup. Needless to say, there was vegetable oil EVERYWHERE...all over Eli, all over the floor, and everywhere Eli walked or touched. What a huge mess. I was only slightly amused by this because Dustin was home to help me clean it up. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been the least bit funny.


I'm sure that you might be thinking, "wow...does Amy ever watch those boys?" And I would understand why you might question my parenting skills. You just can't imagine how quickly these boys can operate. I'm convinced that they plot together to find the most destructive, dirtiest, and most annoying activities possible. I guess that comes with the territory when you have two year old boys. I certainly wouldn't trade these days for the world.

But... it's for the above reasons that I cherish nap time every, single day!

5 comments:

House of Ophelia, Kamtun said...

Dear Amy its good to read yr post again. Well I would never think of saying anything of yr parenting skill, like what you posted. Enjoy motherhood dear they grow up so quickly and these are precious times and even though they leave alot of mess for you to clean up, like what you said, you wont trade these moments for anything. Little kids are little kids, the only thing I want to say is be careful dear, if possible have a latch outside the toilet so they wont have a chance to go in and things may get out of hand, You may trip and fall on the wet toilet floor while cleaning. Love you girl, I follow yr blog and love the antics of your boys; simply adorable. God bless.

Elizabeth said...

ahhhhhhhhhh hahahhahahaaaaaaaa!!!! i LOVE those boys!! i can see how if you didn't have a sense of humor you might be in a constant state of frustration!

Kathi said...

oh my goodness....I love the new family pictures. wow.....awesome Amy....

Bethany said...

Amy, your boys sound like my twin brothers!!! They're 13 now, and they manage to still find adventure all over the place! Mom said the same thing about Joseph and Jonathan...it's like they somehow plan out all the things they do! While I was babysitting them one time, they both stuck tic tacs in their ears! When they first told me, I thought they were kidding...they weren't! They woke up one morning and decided to make Mom a card and breakfast...glitter all over the carpet, burned napkins in the toaster, and honey all over the counter! Twins are the best :) Your boys are precious-and I love the family pics Heather did for y'all...too cute!

Elizabeth said...

LOVE the new pictures! RIDICULOUSLY cute!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails