Monday, March 3, 2008

March Already?

Where does the time go? I feel like every year, the time just goes by faster than the last. I have really been reflecting lately on my use of time and how I can maximize the time I have to do good. Just about the time I get comfortable with the "good" I am doing, I am quickly reminded that my work is never done and there are always more opportunities for well doing. One area that I have really neglected my responsibilities in is visiting or checking on the sick and elderly. I know I would feel lonely if I lived by myself, I was physically unable to get myself out and about, and I never received visits, cards, or calls from others. It is easy to assume that others, maybe those who are closer to an individual are taking care of them, but that is not always the case. So I am writing this here as a reminder to myself and a way to make me more accountable.

In other news, Dustin and I officially kicked off the wedding season by attending the wedding of a college friend in Tyler, TX. I love weddings. I love everything about them...the decorations, the dresses, the details that set one wedding apart from another, the socialization, the food, the cake! Being in weddings is a blast, but it's also a lot of fun to just be the ones that show up and enjoy the party. Weddings seem so much more enjoyable now that I am married myself. I think it's a combination of appreciating the time, money, and work that goes into planning one and knowing what a blessing and joy marriage is. So one down and 4 more to go in the coming months.

Here are a few pictures from the wedding...none of which include anything from the wedding itself. I am terrible at remembering to take pictures during events!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails