Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

The Good:

The boys are great! Eli weighs 2 pounds, 3 ounces and Landon weighs 2 pounds 7 ounces. They are closer in size than they have ever been and they both are doing really well. She spent quite a bit of time looking very closely at their hearts and they look perfect, so no problems there.

They went ahead and gave me shots to help the babies lungs mature more quickly, so that if we run into a situation where they come a little early, they aren't as bad off.

They also ran a test to determine whether or not I was had a high risk of going into preterm labor in the next two weeks and it came back negative, so we are thankful for that.


However...


The Bad:

It doesn't seem like my body is handling everything as well as it has been. They monitored me for about 30-45 minutes and determined that I was having quite a few contractions, some that were bigger than others. They gave me a shot to stop the contractions I was having right then and gave me a perscription to help control them from here on out. As long as the medication keeps everything under control, I'll be able to stay home and just take it easy. I went back 24 hours later to be monitored again and things were much better, so I'm thankful for that! I guess I better just get really comfortable on the couch and try to keep these babies in as long as possible.


The Ugly:

I don't generally do very well with medicine. I think I'm just really sensitive to it and a little bit goes a long way. I can take one benedryl and be in a coma for 48 hours. So...it's no surprise that this medicine they have me on makes crazy. It makes my heart race and my blood pressure and body temperature go up and it's almost impossible to sleep. It's a small price to pay, but it's going to be a long two months.



Speaking of two months... 36 weeks is our long-term goal which was exactly two months from yesterday. It is so hard to believe! I sure can't wait to meet these boys! Here are a couple of pictures from Monday - they weren't being overly cooperative, but I still think they are mighty handsome.

Eli actually let us get a picture of his face for once!


And Landon was being camera shy. He got his big muscular arms from me, just so everyone knows.

Thanks for checking in on us! And a big congratulations to Lane and Page on the birth of their 3rd little girl... Emma Claire. She's precious!

Love,

The Grigsbys

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amy,

Glad to hear the boys are doing well! While it might seem like forever, enjoy your time on the couch! I promise a tiny part of you will be longing for some "alone" time in just a few months! :)

Crystal said...

We are still keeping you all in our prayers. It's great to know that they are both growing and their sizes are closer together. Sorry the medicine makes you feel icky...just try to keep your chin up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails