Saturday, April 23, 2011

Quick Update

I'm sorry I've neglected our blog so much this week. To be honest, it started out to be a pretty tough week physically and emotionally and I just didn't have it in me. I have a lot to talk about and a ton of pictures of my sweet Harper, but for the moment, I'm just going to give you the quick version.

Harper is doing really well. They started her on a second medication that helps her heart pump more efficiently and they took away all of her bottle feedings except for two and it has made all of the difference. She is alert a lot more, her oxygen saturation has been in the mid to high 90's, and she even has cried a little (gasp!). She just seems a little stronger since she isn't wearing herself out trying to eat.  She weighs 5 lbs, 15.4 ounces, so we are getting really close to 6 pounds!  She has gained weight four nights in a row now, which is a big deal.

Dustin and the boys came up to see me yesterday and I came back home with them this afternoon, so I'm at home with my three boys for the first time in almost a month and it is just wonderful. We've played outside until almost dark, watched a movie, taken a bath, and done a lot of cuddling. It's certainly bittersweet as I miss Harper so very badly, but she is being well taken care of by Grammy and Grampy, so I can enjoy my time here a little more knowing that. I'm looking forward to worshipping here in Snyder tomorrow and seeing all of the people we love so much.

So that's the quick version. I certainly don't want to waste my precious moments at home on the computer, so I'll put some new pictures up soon.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

yay for Harper's growth and health improvements! that's wonderful news, amy! :) i'm leaving this afternoon for a Mexico missions trip...i'm going to miss your updates, but i'll be sure to check in when i get back! y'all definitely remain in my prayers! love and hugs, bethany anne <3

D'Ann said...

It was good to see you in worship and wonderful to have you for lunch. Can't wait until Harper is part of the group when we are together. Thankful for growth! Love ya.

Related Posts with Thumbnails