Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sweet Boys

I don't know what has gotten into me lately with all the posting. I guess I just fall more in love with my boys every day and want to share their sweetness with all of you.

In the mornings, after their first feeding, the boys are generally pretty alert and happy. This is my chance to get a quick shower, so I put them in their playpen, laying on opposite sides because they have gotten kind of wild with their arms lately and are constantly hitting each other. I take a really quick shower and by the time I get out and check on them, it never fails that they are just as close to each other as they can possibly be and they usually fall back asleep cuddled up next to each other
.




Well, this morning, I got out of the shower, checked on them and this is what I found:



Eli really loves his little brother! He will just lay in bed with him and stare at him. Eli will nestle himself up under Landon's chin and fall asleep on his chest. They are so blessed to have each other as I've heard there are few relationships that can compare to that of twin brothers. The bond they have is already so apparent and so neat to watch.


Dustin is feeling better and has finally made his way out of the basement. It's so nice to have him back among the well - the boys have missed him so badly. And as challenging as it was for me at times to not have his help, I know it was much worse for him to go eight days without holding his babies. He would stand in the doorway of whatever room we were in and just look in at us in complete sadness. But that's all behind us now and after his first night back in our bedroom, I'm pretty sure he is longing for the basement again :)


We went to the doctor yesterday and the boys weighed in at 8 lbs, 4 oz and 6 lbs, 4 oz. Can you guess who weighed what? The doctor said they both looked great and to keep up the good work avoiding the flu and RSV. January, February, and March are the worst months here in Scurry County so we are going to have to be extra diligent.


Landon



Eli

The boys are getting to be more fun every day so I'm sure it won't be long until we have something new to share. Until then...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE all the pictures! Eli is SO sweet! I cannot believe how big they are getting... good work Mom.

The Ratpack said...

Those pictures are so precious!! We miss you guys!

Parker Life said...

Oh guys they are growing up. I have got to get down there and see them. They are so sweet and amazing.
Love on em for us.
Love ya'll and hope to see you soon.
Aunt Amber

Chey-Anne Smart said...

I'm from Iraan and know all the Grigsby's. I just wanted to tell you that I love your blog and enjoy the sweet pics. I love the photos of the before and after bedroom. So true! It doesn't get better-it just moves on to toys being everywhere! I hope you enjoy a wonderful xmas with your two little miracles!!! It's so funny that Crystal and Dustin both had twin boys two months apart!!

Anonymous said...

Amy and Dustin---Crystal wanted me
to drop you a line and tell you how much all of your blogs during your stay in the hospital with the baby's has helped her and Chris. They are going through some of the same things you went through and
and find themself shaking their heads and saying yes we know about that because Amy and Dustin's boys had that or did that. Makes it a little less frightening for us. Thank you for your blogs. Chris & Crystal

Related Posts with Thumbnails